Usher in the changing of the season with CA’s Virtual Summit in partnership with InformationWeek and gain insight into how to run your business better.
David Hodgson, September 28, 2015
Like clockwork, fall is in the air and this is my favorite time of the year: the crisp, cool air, the changing colors and a sense of acceleration as we head towards the holiday season.
For myself, the fall ushers a fun, frenzied but fulfilling pace at work – so much that has to get done and of course don’t we all love it – making sure we are doing right on our commitments to the business and planning for next year. As I speak to many of my colleagues and customers, I am learning mainframers are in a similar frenzy figuring out questions such as:
- Will our current capabilities around monitoring and automation be sufficient for new growth and compliance demands of my organization?
- How do new options around Linux on the mainframe offer us greater flexibility in our hybrid data center plans?
Join CA and InformationWeek on September 30
So, just in time, I am really excited about the upcoming Virtual Summit CA is hosting with InformationWeek: “Mainframe Reframed for the Application Economy” on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
The change of colors is a nice metaphor for our clients’ new mission, internal transformation and conversation around “mainframe reframed.” Should we really be spending our time continuing the debates and defensive stances about the mainframe?
A much more productive conversation is one about the business value and growth the mainframe can help you deliver. That’s why I urge you to take a day to connect and catch up with us.
Here is a quick sneak peek of sessions you shouldn’t miss:
- Linux & Open Source: Driving New Innovation and Value on your Mainframe: Join a panel of industry experts from IBM, SUSE, Brown Brothers Harriman and CA as they discuss the new Linux and open source options, and what the new Open Mainframe Project consortiummeans to you.
- Reframing the Mainframe to Thrive in the Application Economy: Join Gary Barnett of Ovum and myself, as we cover a variety of issues that combine ideas to improve overall enterprise performance, including advancements in DevOps, mobility, data management, network performance, data security and mainframe performance.
- De-Siloing End-to-End Ops in an Increasingly Trans-Platform World: Join a panel of experts to learn how IT organizations are unifying ops across platforms to keep their multi-platform front-ends, mainframe back-ends and hybrid clouds all working together in harmony.
- Apps and Ops: Keys to a Superior Customer Experience: To deliver great customer experiences, IT has to develop awesome apps and ensure the availability and performance of those apps with equally awesome ops. Get actionable insight into addressing some of your DevOps challenges as we explore the apps and ops approach to reframing your mainframe.
Last but not the least – you asked and we listened. We are committed to you – our user community – and making sure you are successful as you reframe the mainframe in your organization.
The Virtual summit is designed to help you catch up on the latest updates to key solutions that help you run your business. In addition to keynotes, the virtual summit hosts 15 booths for live-updates, demos, videos, on-demand tech-talks with product experts spanning application development, testing, automation, infrastructure, operations, performance, storage and security.
The summit environment will be live for 12 months so you can come back for quick refreshers or find what you need.
Grab some coffee, tea or apple cider and join us on September 30, 2015. It will be informative and fun.